✦ Gift Cards
✦ WHAT IS IPL (Intense Pulse Light Therapy) ? ✦
Also known as Photo-facials, IPL treatments work by using light energy to target different forms of color in your skin. Once your skin is heated up to a certain temperature as provided by the laser, the body will get rid of unwanted cells that are being targeted. The IPL machine sends out multiple wavelengths of pulsed light at a time in order to treat your skin conditions and get you looking as good as new! This treatment lasts about 1 hour in total, including pre-post facial treatment care. A hydrating moisturizer with SPF 30+ will be applied at the end of the treatment to ensure you are protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
NOTICE: People who are pregnant, have a skin condition, or take medications for other conditions should ask their doctor first about getting an IPL treatment.
✦ WHAT DOES IPL TREAT? ✦
If you have any of the following, consider booking an appointment for an IPL laser treatment.
- Age Spots
- Dark Spots
- Dark Spots
- Sun Damage
- Spider Veins
- Unwanted Hair Removal
- Rejuvenation of Skin
✦ PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS ✦
It is important to prep your skin several days before your IPL treatment to ensure you have little to no sensitivity during the appointment. Follow these steps and you will be all set!
- Avoid intense sun exposure a few weeks before receiving the treatment
- Wear a daily moisturizer of at least SPF 30+ several weeks before your appointment
- Avoid Accutane for at least 6 months prior to your appointment.
- If having IPL, do not wax, tweeze, or pluck the hair for 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Shaving or depilatory creams are fine, and you will need to shave the treatment site before your IPL session.
- Avoid the use of retinols, Vitamin C, and Glycolic Acids at least 1 week before your treatment
- Avoid intense exfoliation at least 1 week before your appointment
- Do not use fake tan 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment
- If you have a history of herpes close to the area being treated, it is recommended that you take antiviral medication before the treatment.
✦ POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS ✦
Post-care is just as important as pre-care! After getting an IPL treatment, you should...
- Avoid intense exposure to the sun several days after the treatment
- Use a daily moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30
- Do not take hot showers/ baths or use a sauna for at least 48 hours after your treatment
- Do not engage in intense exercise for at least 48 hours after your treatment
- Do not exfoliate your skin for 1 week after your treatment
- Do not pick at your skin
- Always keep your skin moist with a gentle cleanser
- Do not use skin care products with harsh ingredients for at least 1 week after your treatment
- Vitamin C
- Glycolic Acids
- Use Aquaphor/Vaseline to keep your skin occluded.
✦ IPL PROCEDURE ✦
Your IPL treatment will take about 30-45 minutes. You may feel some discomfort and heat during the procedure. For this procedure, your skin may be red or sensitive for a few days and might scab and blister after your appointment. Some more common side effects are blisters, bruising, crusting, brown spots, redness, swelling, sunspots, and blemishes. Use a daily moisturizer of at least SPF 30 to prevent further irritation, sensitivity, and even burns caused by UVA and UVB rays. Our spa can provide you with a high-quality moisturizer if you do not have one.
These symptoms create no reason for concern. For the IPL Photofacial, some may find the healing process takes time and some may heal faster, with side effects lasting a few days.