✦ Gift Cards
✦ WHAT IS MICROPIGMENTATION? ✦
Micropigmentation is often mistaken with permanent makeup. Although the procedure itself is similar, it isn't permanent - in fact, it typically lasts an average of 2-5 years. Directly after your hyperpigmentation session and for up to 6 days following, the pigment in your skin will be a lot darker and more pronounced. However, it will fade to give the skin a more natural looking color.
This process is commonly used to replace or redefine lost pigmentation on your skin. Common treatment areas include eyebrows, lips, eyelids(as eyeliner), cheeks, and more!
✦ DESCRIPTION OF MICROPIGMENTATION ✦
Micropigmentation is essentially a semi-permanent tattoo that is embedded deep into the skin. In order to carry out this process, a machine is used to fill in a predefined shape, more common for eyebrows. Microblading, on the other hand, is the same type of process but instead of a machine, a specialist will manually embed the pigment onto the skin using a hand-held pen tool. You specialist will be able to control the strokes of the pen tool and embed pigment in thin, hair-like strokes. This process more closely mimics the natural brow look.
Bleeding and scabbing is normal for both processes, however, micropigmentation generally results in a longer healing time for these scabs.
Both micropigmentation and microblading can last a few years depending on how well the specialist applied the pigment and whether or not you come in for a touch-up appointment. At Indulgence Aesthetics, when you book an appointment for these services, a follow-up/touch-up appointment will be included in your total price.
✦ WHAT TO EXPECT ✦
This process is pretty much painless due to the use of a local anesthetic, topically applied to the site of treatment. Scabbing and bledding is very normal during your visit as the specialist will be using a blade, either manually or mechanically to transfer pigment onto your skin. Expect the scabs to heal in a few days. Your specialist will follow up with you to make sure you are happy with your results and the healing process is going well for you. The use of Neosporin is highly advised to help with the healing process.
If you experience any dryness or flaking around the treatment site after your appointment, this is completely normal. Please do not pick at it! Let the flakes fall off on their own. They will be gone in about 4-5 days. Picking at the flaking will delay the healing process and lead to undesired results.
✦ PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS ✦
Before coming in for your micropigmentation appointment, there are a few things you should do to ensure you get the best results:
- Discontinue the use of skin thinners (Retinols, exfoliants, AHA/BHA acids, etc.) 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Any brow waxing or shaping should be done 2 days before your appointment or earlier
- If you tint your brows regularly, make sure your last tint is about a week before your appointment
- Cosmetic BOTOX and/or fillers should be done 2 weeks prior to your appointment OR 2 weeks after your appointment
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or any other blood thinners like aspirin 48 hours before your appointment. This could cause excess bleeding in the treatment area which could affect your results
- If you normally draw in your brows and want your results to reflect that desired shape, feel free to come in with the desired draw in shape so your specialist can ensure you get what you want! Otherwise, they will be able to help you pick a custom brow shape
- More pain can be felt if you are currently experiencing your menustral cycle
- Pigmentation will NOT be able to be performed around any blemishes, open wounds, sores, moles, etc.
- If you have any other questions or feel that you will need to apply extra numbing solutions over the area before your treatment, please get in contact with your specialist and they will provide further advice and instruction!
✦ POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS ✦
What you do after your appointment is just as important as what you do before your appointment! Your specialist will go over all post-care instructions, but should you forget, please take a look at the following pointers down below:
- If you received this treatment on your eyebrows, please use a gentle cleanser to wash your brows morning and night for the next 7-10 days or until flaking has stopped. After washing, make sure no excess water has been left on the treatment site.
- With clean fingers, apply your anti-bacterial healing ointment to the treatment site - a very small amount is good enough!
- If you have very oily skin, no ointment may be needed and a dry heal will be the best for you. As always, check with your specialist first!
- Do not expose the area to direct sunlight for at least 10 days after you appointment. UV rays can alter the color of the desired pigment
- Do not sweat excessively for the first 10 days