✦What is a Clinical Peel?
Clinical peels are a powerful way to perfect the texture and appearance of your skin, not just on the face but throughout the body as well. At Indulgence, our chemical solutions and medical-grade products will dissolve any damaged and dead skin cells that reside on the visible layer, causing it to peel off. This will leave your skin ready to start its self-healing path. We offer light, medium, and deep peels for a variety of skin colors and conditions and use products which have the ability to minimize the apperence of aging, scarring, acne, etc. Our medical specialists will make sure to rid you of any skin flaws, including wrinkles, scars, fine lines, uneven patches, hyperpigmentation issues, and more.
✦Now Offering VI Peel!
Indulgence Aesthetics now offers VI Peel, a powerful, medical-grade chemical peel that is used for acne and accompanied scarring, hyperpigmentation, rosacea, melasma, oil balancing, enlarged pores, and sun spots. The active incgredients in these medium-depth peels help improve your overall skin health, giving you a lighter and brighter complexion not just on your face but on your body too. Call us today to find out more on our specials!
Typical VI Peel apointments last about 30 minutes so you can come in on your lunch break and go back to work with no downtime. The entire peeling process takes about 7 days with peeling starting around the third day. Every client will be sent home with a take-home kit, which is of no extra cost to them. The products in this kit aid the peeling process and allow the results of the VI Peel to be more prominent on your skin.
- Accutane: After one year off from it.
- Retin-A, Hydroquinone, AhA/BhA's: Discontinue for 7- 10 days prior to treatment.
- Pregnant or lactating
- Chemotherapy or radiation within 6 months
- Allergy to Aspirin
- Sunburned or compromised skin: Outdoors Life style, Tanning bed users, Avid golfer or skier,
- Serious medical condition: Heart condition/problem, Immunity disorder, lupus, Diabetes etc.
- Medications: Diabetes Type 2, Lupus
- Permanent cosmetics: Wait 7 days then cover with occlusive barrier
- Active cold sores or lesions
- History of Herpes simplex
- Active facial rash
- Immediately post lift of facial surgery needs doctor approval
- Rosacea- evaluate
- Waxing requires a 72 hour waiting period.
- Immediately after facial surgery requires approval from your surgeon
- IPL, Any laser treatment, have to wait for four weeks at least.
✦Post -Peel Treatment
The initial -72 hours post procedure are the most critical. Clients should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Avoid direct sun and extremes of heat or cold. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire/fireplace, hot tubs, etc.
- Discontinue use of any AHA/BHA products. A client may continue their regular skin care regime after 72 hours or when their skin is no longer flaking and peeling.
- Use hydrating and reparative products. Products rich in soothing and healing ingredients are best to encourage new healthy cell growth. Antioxidants, Vitamins A, C and E, natural skin Lighteners and Growth Factors work well.
- Use sunscreen. Sun care products should be applied no less than every 30 to 90 minutes and the clients should never go out even on a cloudy day without sun protection ....indoors or not wear sun protection
- No scratching or peeling, limit exercise for first 24 hours, drink plenty of water and have a realistic expectation of the healing process
Our spa also carries a multitude of products and peels from the IMAGE Skincare line. The peels from this line can treat a variety of skincare needs like aging, wrinkles, acne, uneven oil balances, hyperpigmentation, redness, etc. We suggest you take a look at the descriptions of the various IMAGE peels we carry down below and give us a call if you have any other questions or would like to book an appointment!
Ultra-resurfacing blend of glycolic acid combined with retinol to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin type indications: Aging, wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne
This advanced treatment is formulated with additional glycolic acid and an innovative blend of firming and anti-aging properties, to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne
Blend of AHA’s and BHA’s with protective agents to effectively treat all grades of acne. Acne, oily, acne-prone, aging are no match for this peel as it penetrates deep into the skin and rids it of any acne causing bacteria as well as balancing your oil levels.
This powerful non-blended salicylic acid treatment quickly and effectively targets and improves moderate/severe acne.
Skin type indications: Acne, oily, aging
Lactic acid blended with kojic acid and a cocktail of brightening agents to reduce all forms of pigmentation.
Skin type indications: Pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age
This results-driven treatment combines the most innovative and effective botanical brighteners with echinacea, plant-derived stem cells and anti-aging peptides for youthful, illuminated skin.
Skin type indications: Advanced pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age spots, redness-prone
Vitamin C and fruit enzymes blended in an organic aloe vera base visibly reduce redness and brighten the skin while hyaluronic acid provides superior hydration.
Skin type indications: Redness-prone, dry/dehydrated, smoker’s skin, tired/ dull, post-microdermabrasion, oily/acne
Organic ingredients with medical effectiveness work to rebalance, regenerate and restore skin while comfrey stem cells boost cellular turnover. Skin type indications: Unbalanced, irritated, sensitive.
Oxygen offers numerous benefits for a healthy, radiant complexion: It helps bring clarity to troubled skin, purifies clogged pores, supports collagen production and brightens dullness. Available from your esthetician, the oxygenating O2 Lift peel delivers an instant, visible boost
to invigorate the skin and give it a gorgeous glow.
This luxurious skin care treatment infuses oxygen, plant-derived stem cells, peptides and a high concentration of enzymatic botanicals into the skin leaving it luminous, refreshed and rejuvenated.
This distinct blend of active exfoliants works synergistically to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, correct uneven skin tone, smooth rough texture and reduce acne blemishes.
Skin type indications: Aging, pigmentation, acne
This concentrated blend of lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol works synergistically to quickly and effectively reduce the appearance of advanced aging, pigmentation and acne.
This extra strength treatment reveals a younger you in a single treatment.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, pigmentation, acne
Our signature results-driven treatment combines Vitamin C, hydroxy acids and enzymes to speed up cellular renewal. Stem cells are combined with brightening, protection, detox and energy complexes, offering noticeable results in just one session.
✦DERMAPLANING WITH PEEL
Dermaplaning is an innovative approach to removing dead skin cells, allowing a jump start for skin renewal and infusion of nutrients. It is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz).
Dermaplaning is most often used on those with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. This treatment results in a more refined, smooth, "glowing" appearance. Dermaplaning is only performed by licensed Estheticians that have been certified specifically on the treatment.
Dermaplaning your skin enhances the results of the chemical peel, allowing the chemicals to penetrate deeper into the skin.