✦ Gift Cards
✦WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS?✦
Dermal filler injections are a type of nonsurgical cosmetic procedure. Dermal fillers plump up wrinkles, smooth lines and restore volume in your face. Your healthcare provider injects these substances just under your skin.
People choose to get dermal fillers to enhance their facial features or gain a more youthful appearance. There are several kinds of dermal fillers. Your healthcare provider will discuss your options with you.
✦WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS USED?✦
As you age, your body starts to lose collagen. Collagen is an important susbtance that exists all over your body, including your skin, muscles, bones and connective tissues. Decreased amounts of collagen in your skin causes skin laxity (loose) and loss of volume. Skin becomes thinner, loses its elasticity and starts to sag.
You may choose to get dermal fillers to:
- Add volume to sagging skin
- Make your facial features more symmetrical
- Plump up lips and cheeks
- Smooth wrinkles and creases in your face
- Enhance shallow contours
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
✦WHAT AREAS ON THE FACE CAN BE TARGETED BY DERMAL FILLERS?✦
Cheeks- If you have sagging cheeks and a low cheekbone structure, dermal fillers help to volumize and restore fullness to make your cheeks look more prominent.
Lips- If you are experiencing thinning lips and have vertical lip lines, dermal fillers will help to reshape lips, achieve a plump and fuller-looking pout, and improve lip texture by smoothing out lip lines.
Forehead- If you have deep forehead wrinkles and horizontal lines, dermal fillers help to fill in the lines and erase static wrinkles that have formed on the forehead.
Around the nose and mouth- If you see folds and creases forming around the corners of your mouth and sides of your nose, dermal fillers can add volume to the area and eliminate creases and folds, as well as reshape the nose without plastic surgery.
Chin and jawline profile- If you are unsatisfied with your jawline contour and have chin dimpling, dermal fillers can help improve jawline and profile for a slimmer look and erase chin wrinkles.
Under the eyes- The area under your areas appear dark or hollow and you see a deep crease under your lower eyelid, dermal fillers can help reduce sunken or baggy appearance by increasing volume beneath the eyelids.
✦WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR DERMAL FILLERS?✦
Most individuals are good candidates for dermal fillers, though the ideal candidate would need minimal permanent work done, does not smoke, and is in overall good health. When a person smokes, it takes longer to heal. This is why nonsmokers have a higher long-term success rate from dermal fillers. Additionally, if you are considering dermal fillers treatments, it is important to have realistic expectations of the results you will receive and the fact that it is possible for multiple treatments to be necessary to achieve them.
✦SIDE EFFECTS FOR DERMAL FILLERS✦
Severe complications from dermal fillers are uncommon. Potential risks vary depending on the specific filler used and the relative permanence of the filler substances and include:
- Bruising and Swelling
- Pain around the treated area
- Lumps and bumps
- Product seems to have worn off
✦DERMAL FILLER AFTERCARE✦
The main points to take into consideration after a dermal filler treatment are:
- Avoid any heat inducing activities for 24 hours such as strenuous exercise, spas, saunas, and hot showers
- Avoid pressure on the area for the first 48 hours (no face down massages)
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products ( AHAs, retinols, vitamin C) and oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid touching the face too to avoid infection
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, microdermabrasion, IPL or laser treatments for 2 weeks after treatment
- Do not massage the treatment area unless instructed to do so