✦ Gift Cards
✦WHAT TO EXPECT✦
Tattoo removals are a gradual process that can take up to over 6 treatments depending on a variety of factors like size, color, and the length of time the tattoo has been on you.
If it is your first time coming getting a tattoo removal appointment, you can expect a consultation with one of our specialists. They will ask questions that can gauge and answer to the previous criteria and will tell you how many sessions to expect.
You may feel some discomfort during the treatment since the ink to be removed is getting heated up. Numbing cream is provided to all clients but can be turned away if asked.
The area will most likely blister and it is best to follow the post-care instructions below to take care of the wound for optimized healing and results.
Tattoo removal uses laser power so essentially, the same pre-care and post care instructions follow with just some additions...
- No recent sun exposure
- No sun burns
- No open wounds
- No harsh treatments that can make your skin sensitive to heat like chemical peels, exfoliation, application of AHA's, BHA's, retinols, etc.
- Treatment area should be shaven of all hair as that will impede progress
Post-care instructions follow a lot of the same points as laser hair removal, but with some additions...
- Apply Neosporin or other antibiotic ointment over the treated area for at least 3 days and cover with a bandage
- Avoid intense sun exposure to the area
- Do not use any AHA's, BHA's, or retinols on the area
- Avoid harsh treatments like chemical peels, exfoliations, etc.
- Try not to raise your body temperature internally or externally (sun-bathing, saunas, working out, etc.) as it will impede progress and healing time
- DO NOT BE ALARMED if you see blisters!!!!! This is very normal and part of the process
- DO NOT pick at scabs!
- Apply an ice pack hourly for 5-10 minutes if you are feeling too much discomfort after the treatment
- Wear a high SPF sunblock (50+) to further protect the area. Our spa carries the suggested kind if you do not have any on hand
- You can shower 2 hours after the treatment but try to keep the steaming heat away from the area
✦HOW PRICING WORKS✦
Pricing for tattoo is only given through consultations. The specialist will sit down with you and decide about how many treatments it will take for you to get the tattoo removed. Size is the key for this quote.
Please note that NO quotes will be given over the phone. They can be given over email if a clear picture of the tattoo is provided and some questions are answered about color, age of tattoo, etc.
Feel free to give us a call at (978) 455-8735 to schedule your free consultation. Treatments can be done the same day as well!