A chemical peel is a beauty treatment that uses a chemical solution to remove dead skin cells from the skin. After the treatment, your face will likely be red and sensitive. Your skin may peel and flake for the following three to five days. As the dead skin cells flake off, younger, more radiant skin is revealed.
Lifts your skin to a new level of health by targeting your own skin concerns. We offer a variety of different peeling solutions for various skin conditions including acne, aging, sun damage, Rosacea or hyper pigmentation. The resurfacing treatment is designed to improve and enhance the skin. Its benefits include skin clarity, even skin tones, uniform color and improved texture. Targeting acne, anti-aging, sun damaged, Rosacea or hyper pigmentation.
You must be seen previously before any peel treatment, for a client consultation and a skin analysis to determine what suitable peel regime will be recommended for your skin needs, and also your home care. Clients will fill out a detailed health and skin history form prior to starting any peel treatment.
Many clients will need a series ranging from 2-6 treatments, depending on skin issues. Some clients will need “pre-treating” 2 weeks prior to a chemical peel to prepare their skin.
- Day 1-2: skin is tight and shiny.
- Day 2: skin is reddish brown in color, due to pigment lifting
- Day 3-4-5: peeling.
- Day 6: skin begins healing
Benefits of a Chemical Peel
- Relaxes fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased skin hydration (moisture levels)
- Clear up Acne and lightens the Post acne scars
- Increases skin cell turnover to unveil softer, younger looking skin
- Decreases activity of the sebaceous glands responsible for secreting oil to the skin
- Diminishes the appearance of hyperpigmentation (i.e. melasma), freckles, and age spots
- Improved skin color, clarity, tone and texture
- Exfoliates rough and uneven skin texture
- Shrinks enlarged pores
- Improved results from skincare products due to improved penetration
Contraindications of a Chemical Peel
- Accutane: After one year off from it.
- Retin-A: Discontinue for 7- 10 days prior to treatment.
- Pregnant or Lactating
- Allergy to Aspirin
- Sunburned or compromised skin: Outdoors Life style, Tanning bed users, Avid golfer or skier, Sun worshiper
- Serious medical condition: Heart condition/problem, Immunity disorder, lupus, Diabetes etc.
- Medications: Diabetes Type 2, Lupus
- Permanent cosmetics wait 7 days then cover with occlusive barrier
- Active cold sores or lesions
- History of Herpes Simples
- Active facial rash
- Immediately post lift of facial surgery needs doctor approval
- Rosacea- evaluate
- Waxing requires a 72 hour waiting period.
- Immediately after facial surgery requires approval from your surgeon
- IPL, Any laser treatment,have to wait for four weeks at least.
Post Treatment Care
The initial -72 hours post procedure are the most critical. Clients should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Avoid direct sun and extremes of heat or cold. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking over a hot stove for a long period of time, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace, hot tubs.
- Discontinue use of any AHA products. A client may continue their regular skin care regime after 72 hours or when their skin is no longer flaking and peeling.
- Use hydrating and reparative products. Products rich in soothing and healing ingredients are best to encourage new healthy cell growth. Antioxidants, Vitamins A, C and E, Natural Skin Lighteners and Growth Factors work well.
- Use sunscreen. Sun care products should be applied no less than every 30 to 90 minutes and the clients should never go out even on a cloudy day without sun protection ….indoors or not wear sun protection
- No scratching or peeling, limit exercise for first 24 hours, drink plenty of water and have a realistic expectation of the healing process
Ultra-resurfacing blend of glycolic acid combined with retinol to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin type indications: Aging, wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne
WRINKLE LIFT® FORTE
This advanced treatment is formulated with additional glycolic acid and an innovative blend of firming and anti-aging properties, to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, wrinkles, rough complexion, uneven skin tone, smokers’ skin, tired/dull skin, oily/acne
This distinct blend of active exfoliants works synergistically to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, correct uneven skin tone, smooth rough texture and reduce acne blemishes.
Skin type indications: Aging, pigmentation, acne
PERFECTION LIFT® FORTE
This concentrated blend of lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol works synergistically to quickly and effectively reduce the appearance of advanced aging, pigmentation and acne. This extra strength treatment reveals a younger you in a single treatment.
Skin type indications: Advanced aging, pigmentation, acne
Blend of AHA’s and BHA’s with protective agents to effectively treat all grades of acne.
Acne, oily, acne-prone, aging
This powerful non-blended salicylic acid treatment quickly and effectively targets and improves moderate/severe acne.
Skin type indications: Acne, oily, aging
Lactic acid blended with kojic acid and a cocktail of brightening agents to reduce all forms of pigmentation.
Skin type indications: Pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age spots, redness-prone
LIGHTENING LIFT® FORTE
This results-driven treatment combines the most innovative and effective botanical brighteners with echinacea, plant-derived stem cells and anti-aging peptides for youthful, illuminated skin.
Skin type indications: Advanced pigmentation, aging, dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, age spots, redness-prone
Enzymatic peels utilize gently exfoliating fruit-based enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells, support skin cell renewal and soften skin texture with minimal irritation. Perfect for all skin types, especially dry or sensitive skin, our professional enzyme peels deliver powerful skin rejuvenation and visible results in just one treatment.
Vitamin C and fruit enzymes blended in an organic aloe vera base visibly reduce redness and brighten the skin while hyaluronic acid provides superior hydration. Skin type indications: Redness-prone, dry/dehydrated, smoker’s skin, tired/ dull, post-microdermabrasion, oily/acne
Organic ingredients with medical effectiveness work to rebalance, regenerate and restore skin while comfrey stem cells boost cellular turnover. Skin type indications: Unbalanced, irritated, sensitive.
Oxygen offers numerous benefits for a healthy, radiant complexion: It helps bring clarity to troubled skin, purifies clogged pores, supports collagen production and brightens dullness. Available from your esthetician, the oxygenating O2 Lift peel delivers an instant, visible boost to invigorate the skin and give it a gorgeous glow.
This luxurious skin care treatment infuses oxygen, plant-derived stem cells, peptides and a high concentration of enzymatic botanicals into the skin leaving it luminous, refreshed and rejuvenated.
Our signature results-driven treatment combines Vitamin C, hydroxy acids and enzymes to speed up cellular renewal. Stem cells are combined with brightening, protection, detox and energy complexes, offering noticeable results in just one session.