✦ What Is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide belongs to a class of medications know as glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, or GLP-1 RAs. It mimics the GLP-1 hormone, released in the gut in response to eating.
In higher amounts, semaglutide also interacts with the parts of the brain that suppress your appetite and signal you to feel full. It also triggers the pancreas to release insulin, blocks other sugar sources, and slows sown stomach emptying to keep you full longer.
When used in conjunction with diet and exercise, it can cause significant weight loss- and a recued risk of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease- in people who are obese or overweight.
✦ What Is Wegovy?
Currently, semaglutide is only approved for weight loss under the brand name Wegovy. It is administered weekly as subcutaneous (under the skin) injections.
Wegovy is a once-weekly injectable prescription medicine FDA-approved to hell adults with obesity- or excess weight along with weight-related medical problems- lose weight.
Wegovy comes in five different dose strengths. An individual who is prescribed Wegovy starts at the lowest dose and increases their dosage every four weeks. The full dose for weight loss is 2.4 milligrams of semaglutide.
✦What Are The Benefits Of Semaglutide?
✦Who Is A Good Candidate For Wegovy?
Adults with obesity as indicated by a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above, or overweight as indicated by a BMI of at least 27 along with weight-related medical problems like high blood pressure or high cholesterol, may be eligible for Wegovy.
To achieve effective weight loss, Wegovy should be used along with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity, according to the company.
✦Who Is NOT A Good Candidate For Wegovy?
People who have had or have a family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma or an endocrine system condition called multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN2) should not take Wegovy.
If you are allergic to semaglutide or any other ingredient in Wegovy, you should also not take Wegovy.
People who are pregnant or within two months of planning to become pregnant should not take Wegovy. It is not known if Wegovy can pass into breast milk, so consult with your doctor first if you are breastfeeding and are considering taking Wegovy.
✦ Possible Side Effects (Wegovy)
- Stomach (abdomen pain)
- Tiredness (fatigue)
- Upset stomach
- Feeling bloated
- Stomach flu
Talk to your health care provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
✦What Are Lipotropic Injections?
A Lipotropic injection contains a solution of nutrients that are made up of one or more of the following fat burning compounds. Each of these components is important because they each have a key role in utilizing fat, as fat burners, disturbing energy, and removing toxins from the body. The overall effect of lipotropic injections is enhanced weight loss, particularly when they are combined with a healthy diet and exercise program.
- Choline- An essential nutrient needed for proper liver function; exports fat and bile from the liver; responsible for seeing that exported fat burned for energy/fuel; detoxifies the liver; key player in fat metabolism.
- Insoitol- A Lipotrophic; related to the vitamin B family; involved in the breakdown of fats; involved in various biological processes that can provide positive psychiatric conditions; can be used for an effective treatment for PCOS and other various female dysfunctions.
- Methionine- An essential amino-acid; defends the body against toxic compounds.
- Vitamin B12- Serves many biological purposes including normal blood, brain, heart, and nervous system functions; most importantly, it's essential for fat metabolism.
- B Complex Vitamins- Helps you feel more energetic and also promote the metabolism of fats.
✦ What Are The Benefits Of Lipotropic Injection?
- Improves Energy Levels
- Detoxes the liver
- Can help aid weight loss
- Reduce stored fat
- Enhance metabolism improving fat burning
- Preserve lean body tissue (muscle)
- Have a rapid onset of action
- Provide supervior absorption of essential nutrients
- Improve function of the liver and gallbladder
- Improve mood and mental clarity
✦ Who Is A Good Candidate For Lipotropic Injections?
- Patients seeking to burn fat in problem areas such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and love handles
- Patients seeking to maintain ideal body shape
- Patients seeking to sculpt their body to obtain an ideal body shape
✦Possible Side Effects (Lipotropic Injections)
Possible side effects include:
- Pain at the injection site
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reactions (itching, swelling, hives, etc.)
✦ What Is Body Contouring?
Bodysculp is a nonsurgical body-contouring treatment that uses diode-laser energy to permanently destroy stubborn fat cells. The treatment is popular for reducing unwanted fat-especially among people who want to avoid a more invasive liposuction procedure.
We offer the latest in body contouring (shaping) treatments that do not require surgery. To help shape your body, we are able to either dissolve small areas fat through controlled cooling; use light-based technology to dissolve fat; or use injections to dissolve submental fat, as knows as a double chin.
Areas we commonly treat:
- Lower back and sides (sometimes referred to as love handles)
- Stomach (abdomen)
- Small areas of your upper back (bra fat)
- Submental fat (double chin)
✦ How Does It Work?
The BodySculp's laser energy penetrates the skin and heats only the fat cells (not other body tissue) until they're too damaged to survive. Over the coming days and weeks, the body flushes them out through the lymphatic system.
What patients can expect to feel:
- May feel very cold
- Patients may sense cramping, itchiness, tingling, mild burning, or pressure
- Tissue will start to feel warm
- Sometimes subjects will notice the cycle of the laser turning on and off
- Cramps and any deeper discomfort will subside as patient becomes accustomed to heating/cooling cycle
✦ Benefits Of Body Contouring
- One procedure can target many areas of the body
- Significantly improved comfort
- Stubborn areas are finally improved
- Safe techniques ( FDA Approved)
- Results are permanent and long-lasting and superior to many other options
- No extended downtime
- No risks for scarring
✦Who Is A Good Candidate?
- Adults whose weight loss has stabilized
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals that are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness
✦Who Is NOT A Good Candidate?
- During menstruation (applies only to treatment of the abdomen)
- Acute fever
- Thyroid disease and other hormonal disorders
- Any other chronic diseases
- Heart diseases or pacemakers
- Allergy to applied materials (eg ceramic)
- Severe high blood pressure or circulation problems
- Deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins, epilepsy
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Inflammation of the veins, phlebitis
- Liver or kidney disease
✦Before And After
✦What Is Lipo Freezing? (Cryolipolysis)
Cryolipolysis, commonly referred to as fat freezing, is a nonsurgical fat reduction procedure that uses cold temperature to reduce fat deposits in certain areas of the body. The procedure is designed to reduce localized fat deposits or bulges that do not respond to diet and exercise. The technique has been patented under the name CoolSculpting.
✦Body Parts That Can Be Treated
The Food and Drug Administration has approved Cryolipolysis to treat fat deposits:
- Beneath the chin
- Upper arms
- Inner and outer thighs
- Hip/flank (love handles)
- Upper back (Brassiere rolls)
- Lower back
- Underneath the buttocks
✦Body Parts That Can Be Treated
The size and shape of the fatty deposit is assessed and the area to be treated is outlined with a skin-marketing pencil. Patients are awake during the procedure.
A handheld device called an applicator is used to freeze the layer of fat cells (adipocytes) underneath the skin. A gel pad is applied to the area to protect the skin. Next, the fatty bulge is suctioned or vaccumed into the applicator's hallow opening. You will feel a tuggling or pulling sensation as sunction is applied.These sensations, intense cold plus other possible sensations like tingling, stinging, aching, cramping, makes the area numb during the cooling down process. The fat layer is gradually cooled to the target temperature of between 30.2 and 39.2 degrees Fahrenheit.
After the area is treated, the applicator is removed and then followed with a quick massage to assist with the breakdown of the fat cells.
✦Benefits/ Advantages of Cryolipolysis
The many benefits and advantages of Cryolipolysis are:
- No surgical incision is required
- It is a low risk procedure. There is no risk of infection
- More than one area of the body may be treated in a single session
- Most people can resume their normal daily activities immediatley after treatment
- There is no damage to nerve fibers, blood vessels, muscles, or lasting damaging to skin in the treatment area.
- Fat cells that have been damaged or destroyed are permanently removed from the body
- Patients may experience an increase in self-esteem due to an improvement in their appearance
✦Possible Side Effects
Temporary side effects for the areas that are treated may include:
- Pain or aches
- Stinging or tingling of the skin
- Skin discoloration or bruising
- Skin sensitivity or numbness
Side effects may persist for a few days to a few weeks after treatment.
✦Before And After
Enter your text here...