✦What is IPL
Also known as photofacials, IPL treatments work by using light energy to target different forms of color in your skin. Once your skin is heated up to a certain temperature as provided by the laser, the body will get rid of unwanted cells that are being targeted. The IPL machine sends out multiple wavelengths of pulsed light at a time in order to treat your skin conditions and get you looking as good as new! Thsi treatment lasts about 1 hour in total, including pre-post facial treatment care. A hydrating moisurizer with SPF 30+ will be applied at the end of the treatment to ensure you are protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
NOTICE: People who are pregnant, have a skin condition, or take medications for other conditions should ask their doctor first about getting an IPL treatment.
✦What Does It Treat?
If you have any of the following, consider booking an appointment for an IPL laser treatment...
- Age Spots
- Dark Spots
- Dark Spots
- Sun Damage
- Spider Veins
- Unwanted Hair Removal
- Rejuventaion of Skin
It is important to prep your skin several days before your IPL treatment to ensure you have little to no sensitivity during the appointment. Follow these steps and you will be all set!
- Avoid intense sun exposure a few weeks before receiving the treatment
- Wear a daily moisurizer of at least SPF 30+ several weeks before your appointment
- Avoid Accutane for at least 6 months prior to your appointment
- Avoid the use of retinols, Vitamin C, and Glycolic Acids at least 1 week before your treatement
- Avoid intense exfoliation at least 1 week before your appointment
Post-care is just as important as pre-care! After getting an IPL treatment, you should...
- Avoid intense exposure to the sun several days after the treatment
- Use a daily moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30
- Do not take hot showers/ baths or use a suana for at least 48 hours after your treatment
- Do not engage in intense exercise for at least 48 hours after your treatment
- Do not exfoliate your skin for 1 week after your treatment
- Do not pick at your skin
- Do not use skin care products with harsh ingredients for at least 1 week after your treatment
- Vitamin C
- Glycolic Acids
✦What To Expect
Your IPL treatment will take about 30-45 minutes. You may feel some discomfort and heat during the procedure but it is very minimal. There is no downtime for this procedure but your skin may be red or sensitive for about 2-3 days after your appointment. Use a daily moisturizer of at least SPF 30 to prevent further irritation, sensitivity, and even burns caused by UVA and UVB rays. Our spa can provide you with a high-quality moisturizer if you do not have one.