✦What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is one of the signature services at Indulgence Aesthetics. Done by our licensed medical estheticians, laser hair removal is a fast, painless way to get rid of any unwanted hair all over your body! Laser hair removal works by emitting a light that is absorbed by our body's melanin cells. Once this light is absorbed, the light energy gets converted into heat which damages the hair follicles producing the unwanted hair.
Proper pre-care for your laser appointments must be taken in order to see the results you want. Follow these steps to make sure the desired area is ready to be treated!
- Shave the area before your appointment...the closer the shave, the better!
- DO NOT take hair out from the follicle (i.e waxing, tweezing, threading, etc.)
- Avoid waxing, tweezing, threading of the area for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment
- No makeup, lotion, or deodorant on the area on the day of your appointment
- Stay our of direct sunlight for at least 3 days before your appointment
If you don't have a good post-care routine, your results will not turn out how you expect. Follow these steps and you will have beautiful skin!
- No intense sun exposure to that area for at least 48 hours after your appointment
- Do not engage in intense exercise for at least 48 hours after your appointment
- Do not take extremely hot showers, baths, or sauna trips for at least 48 hours
- Redness and bumps are NORMAL, just moisturize!
- Cleanse the treated area gently
- Don't pick at the area
✦What to Expect
There is no downtime with our laser hair removal procedure. Each area you are looking to treat takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the surface area. Ultrasound gel is placed on the desired area so the laser machine can glide freely without friction and the process starts! Any treated areas may be a little dry so it is highly recommended to moisturize them often. Next appointments are typically booked 4-6 weeks in advanced(+/- 2 weeks) depending on your hair growth.
NOTICE: Laser hair removal is a GRADUAL process so it takes time for the area to be completely hairless. Do not expect hair to be removed after the first session - that is not how our bodies work! Our medical esthetician will take excellent care of you and you will see the results you want.