✦What is Laser Hair Removal?
At Indulgence Aesthetics, our highly trained and experienced professionals offer effective laser hair removal treatments for patients. Using safe and effective laser technology, our licensed Aestheticians can provide a lasting solution for the reduction of unwanted hair that can help improve your body confidence.
✦How does it work?
The high-performance treatment uses a pulse that emanates mild light beams directly into hair follicles, removing many at one time, while cooling the skin’s surface. The treatment does not affect the skin, making the procedure a much more comfortable experience for our patients compared to other options.
Learn More About our Devices
Our Laser Aesthetic Workstation is a high-powered modality. We use 3 wavelength systems that are clinically proven—the 755 nm Alexandrite, 1064 nm Nd:YAG, and Diode lasers, which allow us to perform aesthetic laser treatments with unsurpassed efficacy and client comfort. Our wavelengths are the gold standard for laser hair removal.
✦Is Laser Hair Removal Right for Me?
Laser Hair Removal is appropriate for anyone that has unwanted hair anywhere on the body. People of all ages and ethnicity can get successful laser hair removal. However, hair that is gray, light red, or blond is nearly impossible to treat because the laser uses color to target the hair follicles. Otherwise, anyone can get laser hair removal.
Learn More About the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has many benefits that appeal to many people. First of all, it is very convenient compared to other methods of hair removal. Waxing is painful and messy. It requires wax strips that are ripped off the skin, pulling the hairs with it. Then the hair has to grow out before it can be waxed again. Shaving has to be done very frequently. Laser hair removal eliminates hair indefinitely. You can enjoy smooth skin with less upkeep.
You'll see results after your first appointment, but it'll take several treatments to permanently remove hair. In four to six sessions, spaced a few weeks apart, you'll see 70 to 80 percent reduction in hair growth. For best results, get maintenance treatments done once a year for at least a couple years
✦Prior to treatment precare
3 weeks before
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on treatment area. These activities can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. If unavoidable, use minimum SPF 30.
1-2 weeks before
- Discontinue tanning (includes beds, self-tanning creams and sprays)
24 hours before
- Shave treatment area
Day of treatment
- Remove any lotions, make-up and deodorants prior to treatment
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will leave the treatment area exposed and easily accessible for treatment. Tight or rough clothing may cause you to feel uncomfortable if the skin becomes sensitive after treatment.
- You may feel a slight pricking or stinging.
- You may apply numbing cream at least 30 minutes prior to the treatment.
✦After the treatment post care
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, hot tubs, swimming and strenuous sports for 2-3 days following treatment, or until any redness, crusting, or blisters have resolved
- If crusting develops, it should fall off naturally. Please do not pick or scratch.
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on treatment area until all treatments are completed
- Do not shave treated area for 1 to 3 days post-treatment if crusting or blistering occurs
- Apply a minimum SPF 30 broad spectrum sunscreen
- Treated area may appear red, irritated and swollen (like sunburn). Apply ice packs or cold aloe vera to soothe.
- You may experience “hair shedding” the first few days after treatment which is sometimes mistaken for hair growth
- Can apply makeup, lotion, resume shaving and apply skincare products to treatment area as early as the next day as long as the skin is not broken and there is no extended redness, blistering or scabbing. Thoroughly remove makeup and creams gently with a soft, clean cloth and mild cleanser. Pat to dry. The treated area is very delicate and should be treated with care. Excess rubbing can open the area and may lead to scarring.
- If scabbing, blistering or signs of infection occur, please contact the spa
✦Get Started Today!
Call us at 978-455-8735 or 978-455-8538, or reach us on email: email@example.com to book your free Laser Hair Removal Consultation!